I have recently had the pleasure of photographing some beautiful christenings, and several people have been pleasantly surprised that they are able to have high quality images similar to that from a wedding, at their child's christening. I am surprised at the number of people who don't realise this service is available and opt to have blurry low resolution mobile phone snaps of their child's special day. I wanted explore the reasons why you should consider hiring a professional photographer, as it is something that is often overlooked when planning a christening or a naming ceremony.
- A christening happens once in a child's lifetime. More than likely, they will be too young to remember it, so having photographs they can treasure and look back on is a precious thing.
- All of your family are dressed up formally and the ladies have their best hats on – having photographs of this occasion means you have some lovely family portraits in more natural setting than in a studio
- Compact & mobile phones cameras do not generally work in low light in the church, and flash photography is often prohibited, meaning your images are generally blurry. A photographer has a professional kit meaning they can get gorgeous images in low light.
- A photographer has experience and 'the eye' of all the creative ways to take your photographs, meaning your images have an arty and stylish feel.
- Having a photographer there will ensure the christening is a relaxing experience as your main focus can be on your child and your family, whilst knowing the photographer is capturing all of the special candid moments of your day.
- A professional photographer will have experience in events, weddings and christenings, and quietly blend into the background of the day, ensuring they are unobtrusive in their approach.
- You will not have to worry about your camera being fully charged or whether you cleared your memory card, your photographer will not only have their main kit, but a back up incase anything goes wrong.
- A photographer may also offer professional album design of the images from the christening, which is a fantastic precious family keepsake, and something that will last a lifetime.
- Careful planning, effort and money goes into a christening ceremony, and this is a once in a lifetime event for your child. Having a professional photographer means that you have a permanent record of your day for all of your family to look back on for years to come.
Katie Byram Photography is a photographer based in Newcastle Upon Tyne, and covers all of the UK for weddings, christenings, events, portraits and corporate photography.
See you all soon,